PDA

View Full Version : Copepods Where did they go ?

bowhunter42
08/29/2011, 02:11 PM
My tank is about a year old now and is a 125 tall mixed reef , about 6 months ago I set up a refugium and added a mix of chaeto/callurpa that I got from a buddys tank .
Mixed in with that were a bunch of copepods and after a while they started getting into my display and at night I could turn on a flashlight and see thousands all over my rocks .
For the last month or so I have only been able to spot maybe a handful of them ? In my tank I have a purple tang , yellow tang , 6line wrasse , percula , tomato clown , and a damsel , what could have happened to all these guys ? Don't they breed ? I'm sure they all could not have gotten eaten ? Could something have killed them ? How can I get more into my tank ?
Thanks

dublo8
08/29/2011, 02:26 PM
It was the wrasse, in the kitchen, with the lead pipe.

Seriously though. It was the wrasse, it's a hunter, always picking all the time, what do you think it's doing while picking at rocks all day? It's in your base eating all yer pods!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloak
08/29/2011, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the pods unless you have a mandarin. They don't really do much as far as keeping the tank clean is concerned. There just there. I was stoked when I first set up a tank and saw them rumbling around, but as time goes by you'll end up paying them no mind. There's bigger fish to fry. (no pun intended)