PDA

View Full Version : Profilux optical level sensor

EnFuego
08/29/2011, 03:22 PM
I have two optical level sensors plugged into a profilux plus II controller. I previously used this set up about a year ago without any issues, but now as I'm setting it up again, I'm having trouble with the ATO using these level sensors. Right now the sensors are plugged into the controller via a y-splitter.

I would like to use both sensors in my sump so that when the water level drops to the lower sensor, fresh water is pumped up to the level of the higher sensor. The problem I'm facing is that when i look at the "Current States" of the sensor in the profilux software, on of the sensors always has an "X" in the "State (direct)" and "State (delayed)" columns, even when the sensor is entirely out of the water. The sensor is clean. I've tried changing the operational mode between "Auto top off", "Min-Max-control" and "ATO with two sensors" with no impact.

Any thoughts? Sensor just gone bad?
Thanks

luisagos
08/29/2011, 05:09 PM
Not sure about your problem.

What i would try to do is change the state, to see if the x goes away and comes back.
Take the y-splitter out of the picture and test each sensor by itself.

BTW, I do not like using the ATO programming, If I may say, my way is better. :reading:

I use one sensor to top off my water. I use the delay on and delay off timer to add more water.

For example when the bottom sensor (sensor is place at the lowest where I want my water to be.)
I program sensor to delay 2 min before doing anything. Once the 2 min passes, then I program one of my socket to turn a solenoid or pump for about 1 min. If i did not reach the bottom sensor within the 1 min, the alarm will sound.

I use the second sensor as a high level alarm, to detect too much water, main pump failure.
I believe my system is much better then the standard ATO.
The power of Profilux.

Do not take my times as the right times for your setup, it will be different for different pumps and tanks sizes.

Bucket Boy
08/30/2011, 09:16 AM
En Fuego -- a quick question. Are you using the Profilux water level sensors or another type that you are operating through the Profilux controller?