PDA

View Full Version : Achilles tang.

Mr_Riddler
08/30/2011, 12:37 PM
Hi
I got one achilles tang in my 190gal, and thinking about adding a second one.
anyone got two achilles in the same system with sucess? or do they just kill each other?

Allmost
08/30/2011, 12:40 PM
Hi
I got one achilles tang in my 190gal, and thinking about adding a second one.
anyone got two achilles in the same system with sucess? or do they just kill each other?

kill 100%, specially now that one has already been added. you may have had a SLIGHT (0.00000001% chance if you added them at same time !)

check out ching chai's thread for more ... he had alot of Issues adding a school to his 1000+ G system !

such beautiful fish though ! I love mine

Mr_Riddler
08/30/2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah i love mine also, one of the most beautiful fishes in my opinion.
Well if i give it a try i will of course take out the one i got allready for a couple of days and then add them at same time. So it would be interesting to hear peoples experience with several achilles tangs.

Achilles18
08/30/2011, 09:55 PM
don't waste your money this is 200$ each it's better to get other tangs than buying same kind & you may ended up those fish killing each other in your tank, i've got my achilles in my 110g this achilles still juvenille he likes to swim a lot though been in my tank 4 months eating nori & mysis a few pellets spec. i've got purple tang along with female swallowtail angelfish & school of 5 barlett's, one of our fellow co-member here ching chi his got 5 of those achilles & what left him 2 achilles. i think his got 1000g system it's enough to handle 5 achilles but left him 2. i'm not sure what's the causes of loosing 3 of his achilles i hope it helps a bit, i mean there's a lot of tangs species as well good coloration.

sanchoy
08/31/2011, 01:07 AM
My achilles is very territorial for his size. He would challenge all the larger tangs all the time. He is smaller then my purple tang and would boss the purple around all the time. He also constantly chases the tomini around as well.

For his size he is a tough tang.. I would not try two for sure..One would stress out ..

walvis
08/31/2011, 05:40 AM
When I decided to add an Achilles, unfortunately, had to take out my Powder Blue out.
Bottom line is, fish do poorly under constant stress..