PDA

View Full Version : titan eze 75g dual stand

dylan87
08/31/2011, 06:44 PM
instead of building my next stand i was thinking of buying one of these and just skinning it but i am worried about the height between the topframe and the top of the bottom tank if anyone has a picture of one of these with 2 75g tanks that would be extremely helpful

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=9883

Curious George
08/31/2011, 07:07 PM
One idea I came up with was to buy acrylic sheets, tint them with limo tint, and use rare earth magnets to fix them to the front and sides. I might work on it this weekend. The idea in my head is to make it so that I could back light my sump inside to see the fuge compartment in a dark cryptic light---adding a couple Bangai Cardinals, 5 inches of sand, and some sea grass.

Interested to see if anyone else has ideas on skinning a metal stand?

dylan87
08/31/2011, 07:58 PM
i was just going to use hardwood ply and either self tapping crews covered with wood putty or a very good adhesive.

if i have enough room between the two tanks i plan on having the front 8" by the full height of the bottom 75g be a refuguim with filtersock skimmer carbon reactor and pump behind it and having a canopy style drop down hood for the bottom so no wires or pipes are seen but the hole refugium is displayed

laugh
09/01/2011, 04:06 PM
One idea I came up with was to buy acrylic sheets, tint them with limo tint, and use rare earth magnets to fix them to the front and sides. I might work on it this weekend. The idea in my head is to make it so that I could back light my sump inside to see the fuge compartment in a dark cryptic light---adding a couple Bangai Cardinals, 5 inches of sand, and some sea grass.

Interested to see if anyone else has ideas on skinning a metal stand?

You can buy acrylic that is already tinted. It would be way easier and cheaper.