PDA

View Full Version : Do I brake LR

NanoReefNoob
09/01/2011, 05:52 PM
ok I have a Nano tank set up right now but I am not liking the way the aquascape is. The rock are just way to big and it is making it very hard to add frags.

My question is, Would it be alright if i took the rocks out and broke them up into smaller peices to creat my own creation. or would that affect to inhabitants in the tank to much.

All i have is a coral banded shrimp, yellow goby, clown, CUC and some Mushrooms all on one rock.

Lynnmw1208
09/01/2011, 06:08 PM
I would think it would be ok as long as there weren't fish in the rocks. I would use a chisel and hammer and carefully chip them how you want them. I mean people drill right through the center of some rocks to add rods and such to make rock formations.

dzfish17
09/01/2011, 06:17 PM
Its not a problem. Ive had to break some rocks that were too big. I usually just give them a good smack right where I want it to break. Be careful though because some rock is very brittle and can bust into alot of tiny pieces.

NanoReefNoob
09/01/2011, 06:21 PM
alsome thank yal.

Agu
09/01/2011, 06:59 PM
I've been known to use a hammer and old screwdriver to adjust the shape of my rock. Heck I've even used the same technique on corals .........

Just do it outside the tank ;).

rogermccray
09/01/2011, 07:23 PM
I've been known to use a hammer and old screwdriver to adjust the shape of my rock. Heck I've even used the same technique on corals .........

Just do it outside the tank ;).

+1 on that

You don't want to break your glass