PDA

View Full Version : re-wirng an LED fixture

Gandolfe
09/03/2011, 07:20 AM
I was wondering if it would be easy to buy a 100 watt 100 1Watt LED fixture from china for $95-$150 that has 3 fans and the power source all built in with 2 switches,one for 460NM blue and one for 10,000 k to 20,000k white. Then taking out all the LEDS and putting 3 watt leds in place,but using fixture,fans, power source,etc...50 blue at $5 a led and 50 white at $7 an led, suppose they could be found cheaper that would be $700 altogether for a 300 watt LED fixture. would that be too much light? They also have a 50 bulb 3 watt each light for the same price

nowlan
09/04/2011, 08:10 AM
Why?

The chinese will do custom leds.
They do bsleds with 3watt crees, 120w.

I dont think they can remove much more heat.
Look at the 300w hydroponic lights. I believe they are larger area.

xXch0dyXx
09/04/2011, 01:02 PM
You would need can to measure trace widths to see if they can support the extra current that would be going through them as opposed to the 1w leds. From the little digging I have done, trace width for 1000mA should be no less than .025", and i doubt they meet that criteria. And the drivers on that fixture would not support exchanging 1w leds with 3w.

Not to mention if you are trying to run crees, the pad dimensions and placement are completely different and will not work.

There are epistar and bridgelux leds that MAY fit on the pads of whatever fixture you are looking at, but that would have to be confirmed.

If you were to try something of this nature, I would suggest doing alot more research. Or just buy one of the 3w chinese fixtures, and correctly match a dimmable driver to each string and make it controllable.

My .02

Gandolfe
09/05/2011, 05:44 AM
I don't have the $$$ anyway, was just wondering if it could be done, like if i hit a scratch off or something...LOL