Tank is 67 gallon with 70lbs rock and 1.5 inch sand bed
All parameter are good and going to qt for 3 to 4 wkd
My wish list is
2 reef safe wrasses
1 watchman goby with shrimp
1 tailspot blenny
1 blue assessor
1 green goby or firefish or mandarin
All seem peaceful or I want them to be, is there any order of addition I should be concerned with or other issues
Thanks

dstrickland
09/03/2011, 10:09 AM
For the wrasses looking for small under 4 inch full size such as the McClosters(sp?)

EllieSuz
09/03/2011, 11:00 AM
You have a nice fish list, except for the possibility of a Mandarin. They need a well established tank and a refugium to have sufficient pods to sustain them. You can search their needs here on RC, as there have been literally hundreds of threads about their care. Also, the quarantine period should be at least six weeks, not three or four, but I commend you for quarantining. So many beginners do not bother. The McCoskers Wrasses are beautiful, but the males lose color if there is no female to inspire the flashing. It's best to purchase these in threes. If you get three juveniles, one of them will turn male and the other two female. Be sure you have a well covered tank as they are famous jumpers. The guy in my avatar actually lifted a screen top and landed on the floor. Luckily I was nearby and could pop him back in before he got crispy. Now I have a weight on the top, which is a nuisance at feeding time, but necessary. Good luck to you.

snorvich
09/03/2011, 01:48 PM
For the wrasses looking for small under 4 inch full size such as the McClosters(sp?)

Note flasher wrasses (McCoskers) is not compatible with firefish.

snorvich
09/03/2011, 01:50 PM
You have a nice fish list, except for the possibility of a Mandarin. They need a well established tank and a refugium to have sufficient pods to sustain them. You can search their needs here on RC, as there have been literally hundreds of threads about their care. Also, the quarantine period should be at least six weeks, not three or four, but I commend you for quarantining. So many beginners do not bother. The McCoskers Wrasses are beautiful, but the males lose color if there is no female to inspire the flashing. It's best to purchase these in threes. If you get three juveniles, one of them will turn male and the other two female. Be sure you have a well covered tank as they are famous jumpers. The guy in my avatar actually lifted a screen top and landed on the floor. Luckily I was nearby and could pop him back in before he got crispy. Now I have a weight on the top, which is a nuisance at feeding time, but necessary. Good luck to you.

Excellent advice. :love2:

dstrickland
09/03/2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all the info. I picked up a watchman and mccoskers wrasse male. They only had the one but wonder if I could order a female. And good info on the six weeks qt

Jlobo
09/03/2011, 08:36 PM
Clown gobies and firefish make excellent firsties. :)

small alien
09/03/2011, 08:47 PM
Steve, is that your opinion of mixing firefish and wrasses in general or just flashers?

Ralph ATL
09/05/2011, 09:39 AM
you could always get a smaller Halichoeres and/or Wetmorella