PDA

View Full Version : Recharged DI Resin?

sporto0
09/03/2011, 03:03 PM
Gentlemen, I have purchased 2 single cartridge refills of the color changing DI resin from you, they are only lasting a month or a little more, I only make 50g a week of RO/DI water, are you sending recharged resin, & if so doesn't that reduce the amount of ions it will attract? Pentek cartridge lasts me almost 6 months, so I will pay the extra $8-$10 for it, unless you have another suggestion.

Buckeye Hydro
09/03/2011, 04:48 PM
All our resin in high-end, virgin resin. Most often, when people complain about a short life span on a DI cartridge, it is due to problems else where in the system.

Can you take some TDS readings?

What is the TDS of your
1. Tap water?
2. RO water?
3. DI water?

What is the water pressure at the membrane?

Russ

sporto0
09/03/2011, 05:23 PM
My tap water TDS is 315
RO water TDS is 30
DI water is currently 0 TDS
Resin was changed 8/13/11 & 3/4 of it has turned orange already
I don't know what my water pressure is exactly, but my system is 100gpd filmtec membrane & it produces the proper amount in any given time frame, so I know the pressure is adequate

Buckeye Hydro
09/03/2011, 06:24 PM
With 30 TDS RO water, you should get about 165 gallons from a single DI cartridge.

If you switched to a higher rejection membrane, a 75 gpd for instance, your RO water might be something like 6-10. At 9 ppm for instance, you'd get about 550 gallons from a DI cartridge.

An add on pressure gague kit would be a good addition to your system. They are very inexpensive, and a pressure gauge, and TDS meter are the two must-haves in order to troubleshoot your system.

Russ

Buckeye Hydro
09/03/2011, 06:30 PM
Are you on well water?

Are you on city water with chloramines?

sporto0
09/03/2011, 10:36 PM
I have Pittsburgh city water with chloramines, I would assume. I have a hand held TDS meter, I thought that I read they were more accurate? Thank you for the prompt responses, why was I getting more usage or gallons of RO/DI water from the Pentek cartridge then?

Buckeye Hydro
09/04/2011, 05:10 AM
I looked up your water quality report - assuming you get your water from PWSA - and as of 2010, no evidence of chloramines. Looks like they just use chlorine.

Any chance you can call in? I'd like to get to the bottom of this. We're in the shop 8 to 8 eastern time today.

No reason you should be getting better capacity from any other resin on the market, unless something else in your water or system has changed.

Russ
513-312-2343