PDA

View Full Version : Need Water Change Between PraziPro Doses?

Dr Colliebreath
09/05/2011, 05:40 PM
Do you need to perform a water change after dosing PraziPro in a QT and before the next dose or can you just add the second dose?

I know the instructions say to do a 50% water change, but that seems to be aimed at removing dead flukes and not at removing lingering PraziPro from the system. If you have good filtration and/or vacuum the tank bottom, you may not need to remove dead flukes. Similarly, if you have only a minor infestation or are treating prophylactically.

I have seen statements that the PraziPro only remains in the water for 3 days.

What do you think? If there is no other reason for a water change, are you ok adding a second dose of PraziPro 5-10 days after the first?

angelfish7
09/05/2011, 07:06 PM
I always do a minimal 30% wc in my qt before a second dose of any medif required. I usually do water changes in my qt tanks every 7-10 days anyway.

iamwrasseman
09/05/2011, 07:13 PM
you really dont have to do a WC as i have skipped that a couple of different times due to the size of my system and the cost of a 50% WC . usually i do it as its on the instructions but i have changed things up a couple of times as i said . i would suggest using carbon at the end of the dosing regimine and a good WC then but yes you can skip if needed IME .