PDA

View Full Version : Some pics for you viewing pleasure

Nitro069
09/05/2011, 07:10 PM
just finished adding the last of my live rock. here are some pics. now just need to add some corals and anemones. any suggestions? i was thinking a green carpet anemone to start.

thebkramer
09/05/2011, 07:13 PM
Nice shots!!!
hope you have a lid so those eels don't find a way out lol :uhoh3: :fun5:
how old is the tank??

Nitro069
09/05/2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks. I have a lid now. i found out the hard way i needed one.. carl, my lawn mower blennie took the leap, which i didnt find till 3 days later in a cold air return. two days after that one of my engineers jumped out when he got spooked. i now have egg crate on top. saved him though. i have had the tank for about 4 months now and it is my first saltwater tank. it has been a steep learning curve, but worth it.

olemiss reb
09/05/2011, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't keep a haddonis in a tank with an engineer goby. The goby will be the first fish eaten. Read up on haddonis nems, they are not a great one to start with.

thebkramer
09/05/2011, 07:28 PM
Very Sorry for your Losses!! I lost my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse that way too :sad1:
my thoughts... take your time!! your tank is still very new and you may see a few algae blooms and such over the next few months.. take some time to do some research..
for instance.. the carpet anemone is one of the harder anemones to care for and def needs a well established tank along with an experienced reefer.. not saying you can't handle it.. but it may be tough.. take a look in the Clowns & Anemone section of RC.. lots of info there on anemones of all kinds ;)
Don't Rush anything and Ask Lots of Questions if Need Be!!
There is Also Lots of Great Info in the New To Hobby on RC too!! If you can.. stop by and check out the Stickies in there :D

What kind of lights are you running?? filter system?? are you using RO/DI water?? how big is your tank??

Nitro069
09/05/2011, 07:29 PM
thanks for the heads up. looks like i will have to find something with some color to put in place of the haddoni. thats a bummer...those anemones look cool..lots of color

Nitro069
09/05/2011, 07:43 PM
i have a 65 gallon rimless. 1-250w mh, 2-10,000k t5ho, 2-420 actintic blue t5ho, coralife ss 125, 2-aqueon acp 950 power heads, fluval 405 canister filter, and about 60 lbs of live rock. i picked up this tank used and abused with poor filtration, even worse lighting and half the amount of live rock. i use ro water but im not sure if its deionized. i have had one algae outbreak since i bought the tank and that was after adding some cooked live rock.....oops. altough the lime green coralline that came after it was awesome :)