PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Fiji painted rock any advise

Wrbrackett
09/05/2011, 10:17 PM
Can anyone tell me more about this man made ultra Fiji rock.
My local store sells it for 7 a pound.looks great.they told me it has all the benefits of real live rock?????

TRENT_G
09/05/2011, 10:28 PM
You should be able to find it for 3.00 or under per lb from local reefers parting out their tank. Be patient and you'll save lots of money. The LFS can be very costly. Try to do your home work before buying anything.

cody6766
09/06/2011, 05:45 AM
If it's painted then the pores that make good live rock what it is willlikely be clogged. All of those pores create surface area for bacteria to grow and much of that would be lost making the light "ultra" rock no better (maybe worse) than base rock. I wouldn't use it in my tank. I'd look around for good dry rock or good, unpainted live rock and press from there. It will eventually turn purple with coraline instead of spray paint.

I'm not sure what is with this craze for painted rock. I"m not point fingers at you or anything. I've just seen it show up in a few places lately and never saw it a few years ago.

Soopabruva1
09/06/2011, 06:19 AM
I'm not sure what is with this craze for painted rock. I"m not point fingers at you or anything. I've just seen it show up in a few places lately and never saw it a few years ago.

+1
I have been seeing this stuff ALOT recently, some of it looks atrocious.