View Full Version : ReefLED and Apex controller combo/programming
09/07/2011, 01:43 PM
Does anyone have a DIY LED or ReefLED kit running off an apex controller? If so, how do you have it programmed for dimming, high noon, moon lighting?
Is experiencing the following and am growing frustrated.
1. The lights do not power up from 0. I have to start them at 5-10% which isn't really dimming from 0.
2. I have my high noons and cool whites on the same power strip and same variable port on the apex. For some reason the high noons come on before the cool whites. Meaning, I have my high noons on all day along with my cool whites, when I only want them on for a 4-5 hrs.
3. I can reduce their intensity. I've tried setting them to less than 100 and it won't work.
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. And, if you could share how you have them programmed.
Thanks in advance.
09/07/2011, 09:54 PM
This page should help. http://reefledlights.com/neptun-apex-setup-programing/ (http://reefledlights.com/neptun-apex-setup-programing/)
My apologies for not going into more detail but we are closing up for the next couple of days for MACNA. Once our booth is set up we will have more time to be specific.
If this link does not help give us a call this weekend.
09/09/2011, 09:34 AM
I adjusted the HNs. We'll see how that works. But, I still have a couple of questions:
1. Should I just not expect the royal blues and cool whites to ramp from 0? Do they start at 10 or 15?
2. Would you recommend running the blues and whites at 100% or should I run the blues at 80 and cool whites at 60? What's your recommendation?
Thanks for your help.
09/11/2011, 08:12 PM
The Inventronics driver starts at 20% with the minimum 1vdc input Inventronics PDF (http://reefledlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DS-EUC-040SxxxDS-20110114-E1.pdf)
The MeanWell 48D starts at 5% at 1vdc 48D PDF (http://reefledlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ELN-60-spec.pdf)
Once everything is acclimated we recommend 100% for a High Noon Effect. Everything on full for 4 hours in the middle of the day would more naturally simulate the natural PAR found on coral reefs. In the morning and evening while you are enjoying your tank I would tweak the intensity ratio to give you the most pleasant viewing then have a gradual dim up and down for the remainder of your chosen photo period.
09/12/2011, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately, I can't get anything to only stay at 5% or any other percentage for tweaking or moon effect. I get 100% all the time. Oddly enough though, I do believe it does ramp up from 5% (blues and whites, HN on a separate outlet). Below is how I have it configured.
If Moon 000/000 Then MoonLt
If Time 07:30 to 09:30 Then BlueUP
If Time 09:30 to 19:30 Then ON
If Time 19:30 to 21:30 Then BlueDOWN
Ramp time (minutes) 30
Start intensity 5
End intensity 8
Let me know what you think.
09/12/2011, 05:33 PM
It might be something as simple as the the outlet set to on vs auto.
If this is not the case you can use a Radio Shack AC to DC Power Adapter skew#273-315
to test the driver. If the driver is working fine then its either the programming or the Variable Speed Port. If any input voltage is applied to the port it can be damaged. They are designed for output only.
I would simplify the programming, try pulling the If Moon 000/000 Then MoonLt
and see if it works different.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.