PDA

View Full Version : Clown and clown you ready to fight

Dragon moray ki
09/07/2011, 08:46 PM
Ok so I really like those 550 dollar snowflake clowns and I would like to get the would they be okay with a pair of yellow stripes as long as they each have their own anemone

reefjunkie42
09/07/2011, 09:14 PM
i believe not. GSMC are very aggressive esp toward other clowns

Dragon moray ki
09/07/2011, 09:18 PM
That's what I thaught o well their pretty cool by the way besides them what other fish would u put in a 70 corner

evsalty
09/07/2011, 09:19 PM
In your tank I would not try it no matter what. Like said above the Maroons will probably kill the Snowflakes. If this is for your dads tank then it could work but I still would hesitate quite a bit do to the agressiveness of the Maroons.

snorvich
09/08/2011, 07:03 AM
Ok so I really like those 550 dollar snowflake clowns and I would like to get the would they be okay with a pair of yellow stripes as long as they each have their own anemone

No. The GSM would kill them either quickly or a bit later.

snorvich
09/08/2011, 07:04 AM
In your tank I would not try it no matter what. Like said above the Maroons will probably kill the Snowflakes. If this is for your dads tank then it could work but I still would hesitate quite a bit do to the agressiveness of the Maroons.

No, a 300 gallon would not allow GSM pair plus other clowns.

small alien
09/08/2011, 08:28 AM
This is an extreme anomaly I think, but we do have a tank at the Seattle Aquarium with a single maroon female and a pair of percs (and one big old rhomboid wrasse). Each has their own anemone. The tank is about 4x2x2 at most and has housed the three clowns for some time. That does not mean I'm endorsing your idea,just sharing info.