PDA

View Full Version : Since the EcoTech Radian has....

JG1
09/10/2011, 08:25 AM
both red and green LED's, will it color up SPS better than the other units that just have blue/royal blue/white LED's?

I'm not taling about producing a more aesthetic tank coloration, but actual coral color.

I've never been a fan LED's, but the Radian has caught my eye. I think the fixture would look beautiful over my tank and I like how you can dial in exactly what color you're looking for. Now if it can just color up corals the way that T5's and MH's do....

texgv
09/10/2011, 08:44 AM
Hey John,

I've seen some very nice SPS tanks running LED's, but they are exceptions, I believe that this new fixture would be a good option for a new tank, the SPS seems to feel a lot when changing to LED's from other methods, and today with T5 you know that you can the spectrum but it will not deeply affect the REAL coral color, it will only change the reflection of that color, LED's are different, maybe with all this new ways to fine tune them we will be seeing more beautiful LED tanks, but since you already run that great fixture of yours I don't think you will be getting better results, but a nice headache instead.

basser1
09/10/2011, 11:12 AM
But did you get a load of the price???? $750 smackers for 1 fixture! :eek:

Tron_954
09/10/2011, 11:19 AM
ya thats wack... im good with my SOL at 500, not to mention price drops now... and their new pheonix fixture... F radion

Arkayology
09/10/2011, 12:46 PM
ya thats wack... im good with my SOL at 500, not to mention price drops now... and their new pheonix fixture... F radion

Some of the Radion features look really cool though. I think the ability to sync with vortechs for storms/etc and the color spectrum that the radion has has an edge of other fixtures and warrants the price.

basser1
09/10/2011, 04:47 PM
Some of the Radion features look really cool though. I think the ability to sync with vortechs for storms/etc and the color spectrum that the radion has has an edge of other fixtures and warrants the price.

How would it sync and what does it do?

I can simulate a storm just by flipping the switch on and off real fast for a lot cheaper, LOL!:lmao:

stevejrnc
09/10/2011, 06:24 PM
As popular and wide spread the mp pumps are
I'm sure this will be the next big thing in everyones
signiture

luxtralarge
09/10/2011, 06:57 PM

Yea and I'm sure 99% of people don't take advantages of those features. Most of people would still lean towards low prices, and simplicities. May be just me..

XSiVE
09/10/2011, 07:05 PM
I think the color difference might be good...

Other features just wont get used (I dont use similar features I have available to me)