PDA

View Full Version : URGENT. clownfish looking bad

extremelubejko
09/10/2011, 07:02 PM
i just got home and went upstairs i turned on the light. one of my clowns was extremely pale and sunk to the bottom and look like it was dead. the other went to the bottom but was still swimming it was only pale around the front of the fish. i turned off the pumps. the colors have come back to the fish except around the mouth. the fish are twitching and looking bad. hopefully they are still fine by morning and i can go to the store to get treatment. but i dont know what is wrong. and temp is at 79, ammonia 0. another details feel free to ask. please help.

sandwi54
09/10/2011, 11:35 PM
there are not enough information to allow us to make a conclusion. what are the rest of the water parameters? nitrite, nitrate, pH?

did you turn on the light suddenly in pitch dark? fish can really get scared of that because they don't have eyelids that close to protect their eyes, unlike mammals.

Flippers4pups
09/10/2011, 11:44 PM
When you said ,"turned off the pumps and their color came back", sounds like stray voltage to me. But we need more info about your tank to make a call. (My clowns don't loose any color when sleeping.)