PDA

View Full Version : apex probes or base module bad

jbax
09/12/2011, 07:52 PM
a couple of weeks ago my ph reading jumped to 11.2. so i restarted the system and it still jumped back to that number. i also tried to calibrate it with no luck. so i figured my ph probe finally went bad and i will have to order a new one. yesterday my temp jumped up to 121 degrees. unplugged the probe and the unplugged reading stayed there for a while, but finally rested at 74 degrees. my tank 80 according to 2 other thermometers. i borrowed a working temp probe from a friend and it still reads in the 120 degree range.

anybody have any ideas or am i stuck buying a $225 base module

thanks in advance

RussM
09/12/2011, 08:02 PM
First thing I would do is reload/update the firmware. But I suspect you do have a hardware issue. If the probe problems persist after updating firmware, contact Neptune at support@neptunesys.com. They have run some diagnostics. If it is a hardware problem, and the Apex is out of warranty, repair may be possible and less $$$ rather than replacement.

jbax
09/12/2011, 11:22 PM
ok i reloaded the firmware. and still nothing changed. i contacted neptune and we are in the process of trying to diagnose the problem. but i suspect the base module is bad.