PDA

View Full Version : Someone please id

cassklar
09/13/2011, 07:06 PM
l was looking at my tank right now and right in the middle of my zoas i saw like white smoke coming out of them at first i thought they were my zoas bu then i saw this moving i grab it and look like it broke it 2 but they are actually 2 one has like a hard shell and the other dont are theese things safe and what the heck are they thanks now i dont know if i should be worried it was blowing out alot of what looks like to me smoke

disc1
09/13/2011, 07:16 PM
Stomatella snail. Very good cleaners. Prolific breeders. Nice thing to have in the tank.

cassklar
09/13/2011, 07:20 PM
thanks alot i took them out so i will put them back first time i saw that

MagicReefer
09/13/2011, 07:23 PM
My hermits and some snails are always doing this. Perfectly normal. If those are stoma snails, they will get nice and big. I love them. I have about 10 of them. Largest one is about 5" long. They are great cleaners and seem to breed well, but not to a point were they are pests.

cassklar
09/13/2011, 07:30 PM
thanks i appreciate it

maymania6
09/13/2011, 09:17 PM
If you pull at the stoma snail trying to pull it off rock it will drop a portion of its body in an attempt to escape. The dropped part will wiggle, much like a dropped lizard tail, for a few minutes. I have several of these snails, they are a great part of the cuc.