PDA

View Full Version : Tunze master doc 9440

ian03
09/14/2011, 12:17 PM
Hi,

I have a 9440 which i have had running for a year now, However i have never been able to get the second hydrofoamer running on it, Whenever i plug the second hydrofoamer in the skimmer cup fills rapidly with clear liquid. The skimmer is sat in 10 inches of water in my sump. Any ideas on why i cant get the skimmer running correctly?

Thanks Ian

rvitko
09/14/2011, 12:41 PM
Can you lower the water level or raise the skimmer? As is the pumps can perform at maximum, they have less backpressure. Lowering the water level to 7" should result in sufficient backpressure to avoid the watery overflow of skimmate.

ian03
09/14/2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your reply Roger, I will try and raise the skimmer to see if that helps

Thanks Ian.

rvitko
09/14/2011, 01:16 PM
If this doesn't solve it let me know, I will find a solution. The US model pump is stronger than the European version and this is part of the issue with the 9440. It gets a little more air and water than it should and is finicky as a result, but generally this can be solved by lower water level and some minor air adjustments and a little run time to remove most of the dissolved organics.

ian03
09/14/2011, 01:32 PM
Hi Roger

Probably should have said earlier but im based in the uk so would have the euro model i would imagine.

Thanks Ian