View Full Version : Using a UK Unit in the US.. Questions

09/16/2011, 07:06 AM
I'm moving from the UK to the US.

The question I have is....

Will a UK plug bar work in the US.

I know that the UK is 230v and the US is 110v, but looking at the inside of the plugbar it appears that the outlets are simply nothing more than a standard power strip with a relay over each one to turn them on and off.

So is it just a case of simply putting a new plug on to the plugbar and using US to UK plug converters on the outlets or is there something else at the end with the ports/inputs that requires 240v to operate?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I would like to avoid having to buy a new 200.00 US Plugbar when all I need to do is simply convert the plugs over from UK style to US style.