PDA

View Full Version : Divers Den vs Regular Live Aquaria

bamf25
09/18/2011, 03:19 PM
I know the differences between the two concerning quarenteen, acclimation, feeding etc. I know that LA pulls basically directly from suppliers and ships the fish right to us, but does give the 14 day promise. My only issue with DD is I am planning on ordering several fish, and with DD you are at the mercy of what is ready at any given time. I am well awar of how great it is that DD takes the time, money and energy to give people great fish.

With that said is there a problem with ordering from regular LA? What have people's experiences been with their service.

dzfish17
09/18/2011, 05:22 PM
The only problem that Ive had with LA is one of the fish on my last order was clearly smaller than what I purchased. I called them and they refunded me the difference with no questions asked.

albano
09/18/2011, 05:41 PM
With that said is there a problem with ordering from regular LA? What have people's experiences been with their service.
either way...service is excellent...use DD for the 'harder to keep' fish

FinancialReef
09/18/2011, 07:24 PM
Last order to LA resulted in 3 of 4 wrasses dead within 3 weeks of purchase. They all came very skinny and didn't look good. Got money back on two.

sporto0
09/18/2011, 07:31 PM
Live Aquaria comes from their wholesaler in California, Divers Den is actually at their facility in Wisconsin.

Lynnmw1208
09/18/2011, 07:47 PM
My first order from LA all my anthias were sick, but I was refunded and I ordered a 2nd order and they were great. I had to treat for flukes though. I got corals from diver's den with that order and they were amazing and still growing great!

Raggamuffin
09/18/2011, 09:54 PM
simply put;

LA is your standard everyday online retailer but with EXCELLENT customer service.

DD is pure what ya see is what ya get, superb critters and again excellent customer service.

I will use nothing but divers den (ex cept for clean up crew or 10 dollar fish).