PDA

View Full Version : Any other purchase sites?

pelfiredc
09/19/2011, 09:40 AM
Hey there all. Hoping for help looking at other possible sites for fish purchases and or corals ect... Been using Live Aquaria mostly and they have been great but just wondered if there was another that is great and I havent visited!
Thanks all!!!

D5HP
09/19/2011, 09:55 AM
I think LA.com is the best but I've ordered from Blue Zoo Aquatics a number of times with good results.

Others I see thrown around often are NYAquatics and Pacific Island Aquatics

bamf25
09/19/2011, 11:16 AM
I was wondering about Blue Zoo myself.

Swanwillow
09/19/2011, 11:51 AM
I've ordered from Blue Zoo. They are wonderful to work with and have good customer support.

tbone28
09/19/2011, 11:52 AM
I've ordered from reefhotspot.com a couple times. They also have a 14day guarantee. Ordered an achilles tang the 1st time. Spoke with Quinn on the phone before ordering. He said the achilles had been quarantined a month and was eating. He also sent me a pic. Achilles is doing fine in my tank. Second order was for a juvi chevron tang and female spotbreast angel. Again, Quinn sent me pics of actual fish before ordering and told me how long he had had them/what they were eating, etc.

Regarding the 2nd delivery, he gave Fedex the wrong house number so the driver couldn't find my house and so fedex had to re-attempt delivery (which happened 2 hours later). I told Quinn this and he said he would extend the warranty to 3weeks for that order.

Amoore311
09/19/2011, 12:04 PM
Bluezoo customer service wise is great. Right on par with LiveAquaria. I just can't stand their web site, it's a bit of a pain to deal with when you get to the WYSIWG section.

I'll have to look into Reef Hot Spot. For some reason I thought they only dealt with corals.

tbone28
09/19/2011, 12:27 PM
I also normally order from LA/DD, but ordered a couple times from reefhotspot because LA/DD didn't have what I wanted. I went with reefhotspot because of some positive comments I read on this forum.

Forgot to mention reefhotspot also offers free shipping with minimum purhcase. So with my 1st order, I threw in a few chromis to meet the minimum. A couple arrived DOA. Quinn gave me a store credit, no questions asked. Service is great. Their 14 day guarantee only gives store credit as an option, however. Unlike LA's credit or refund options. But I have been happy with reefhotspot thus far.

pelfiredc
09/19/2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks all!!!! I will check into this.... looked into NY Aquatics for a while but read a thread about how the owner wouldnt refund on a DOA so got leary. Will definitely check out Blue zoo and the others..... Live aquaria has been great in past had one fish of 6 die a day or so in as well as a rock of zoos on another order... credited w/o even a blink of an eye. The zoos were much smaller than what the pic seemed to present but great on everything else. Thanks again!