PDA

View Full Version : help tank leaking

crazy4reefs
09/19/2011, 06:40 PM
Well it happened...came home from work and my 135 Oceanic was about half full...bottom seal is leaking. I moved all the live rock to some rubbermaid containers with heaters and power heads.Fortunately I had already moved my fish to a new 55 gallonn for a hypo treatment. How long can my rock stay in the rubbermaid containers with minimal light?

tkeracer619
09/19/2011, 06:43 PM
The rock will be fine as there is a power head. If you have any corals they might not fare so well.

Sucks. I had this happen to me 3 days before I was going to transfer to my current tank... If you have carpet get the shop vac going.

crazy4reefs
09/19/2011, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=crazy4reefs;19300491]Well it happened...came home from work and my 135 Oceanic was about half full...bottom seal is leaking. I moved all the live rock to some rubbermaid containers with heaters and power heads.Fortunately I had already moved my fish to a new 55 gallonn for a hypo treatment. How long can my rock stay in the rubbermaid containers with minimal light without losing all my pods and coraline?

crazy4reefs
09/19/2011, 06:49 PM
No carpet...hardwood. I'm concerned about my pods and coraline

csmfish
09/19/2011, 09:17 PM
Try to get a couple big tubs and spread them out. Then a basic shop florescent light should hold u over. I had 2 t-5s on my 90 and it was growing Coraline out that wazoo! Throw a few pellets in, keep the temps steady and your golden.

crazy4reefs
09/22/2011, 05:32 PM
Thank you

schristi69
09/23/2011, 09:36 AM
I had rocks in a tub for months. The coraline is coming back nicely now that they are back in a tank. You may lose your critters, but a bottle of pods will restart your tank fine. I did find one odd critter in my new tank last night chewing stuff off of the rocks. Looked like a Half Life head crab. LOL. It would not come out in the open for pics unfortunately. Amazing how some of this stuff survives. Even started seeing sand worm tunnels against the glass. I kept a container of the sand in with the rocks while they were in tubs.