PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sedra 3500 in my ASM G2

Driftdiver
09/20/2011, 02:15 PM
I originally posted this in the ASM Skimmer Club, but I think I might get more of a response if it is separate so here goes.

As I was doing work on my tank, I noticed that my G2 had stopped working. I am in my stand all the time, so at most the skimmer had been non-operational for a few days. I immediately pulled the Sedra 3500 off the skimmer and tried it on another plug as it had been run through my controller. Unfortunately, it did not work. I pulled it apart and found that the needle wheel and impeller were locked in place. I tried a number of different tricks to unlock the impeller, but nothing worked including a 1:1 vinegar bath.

However, when all of the growth was taken off the pump, I discovered that there were heat bubbles on the sides of the pump. The pump was NEVER run dry and was in an area of my sump with a constant 6" water level. I am still unable to remove the impeller from the pump.

At this point, I am trying to figure out what happened to the skimmer/pump. Given the heat bubbles in the side, I dont think I can simply replace the impeller and thus I will need to replace the pump. Has anyone else had this problem with their Sedra pump? If so, what replacement pump did you go with.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.

leadsinker
09/20/2011, 03:34 PM
magnet's on sedra's detend to swell

leadsinker
09/20/2011, 06:23 PM
do i not have great speeling?

take a look at this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2026865&highlight=sedra+magnets