PDA

View Full Version : Add the anthia?

zachk
09/21/2011, 10:56 AM
My LFS got in a large 5"ish male Squarespot Anthia. I would like to add it to my 125g, but want some opinions first. Here are the current inhabitants:

Purple Tang
One Spot Foxface
Black Velvet Angel
Regal Angel
Pair of Stocky Anthias

The current anthias are fairly aggressive with each other and don't take anything from the other fishes. They are about 2.5-3in. each.

Would it be a good idea or too great of a risk to add?

Reefnub
09/21/2011, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't add them if I were you, those 2 Anthias are one of the larger species. Their max size is 5-6. Anthias only look good in trios imo unless it's a sunburst or borbonius then they look fine by themselves. Everything else seems fine to me.

MIKE NY
09/21/2011, 03:08 PM
I have both and are fine together, but they are closer in size. They behave about the same with aggression. The square back because it's a male and so much larger it maybe a problem. I would pass and find a smaller one....JMO

aquaph8
09/21/2011, 10:21 PM
One of my favorite fish. I think its hit or miss. I might try it but be prepared to remove someone if it doesn't go well.

zachk
09/22/2011, 07:14 AM
I think that's the route I will try.

I have one tank I could move it to if necessary, but would rather not. It's such a beautiful fish and hard to pass up if at possible.

Thanks!