PDA

View Full Version : Panorama Fixture Dimmable?

ScottB
09/22/2011, 08:45 AM
Without stirring up a debate on which LED is better or worse, I just need to ask a question. First a little background.

I just started a new 60g build and ordered the old style Ecoxotic Panorama fixture. Before it arrived at my house, I found that there will be a new Ecoxotic Panorama fixture in Oct. Go figure. I like the look of the old one (thicker), and was initially under the impression that it was dimmable. I found this statement at Ecoxotics web site:

Can I connect my Panorama Fixture to a dimmer or controller?

Ecoxotic
posted this on Sep-20 15:46

Due to the nature of dimmers and aquarium controllers on the market, we cannot guarantee compatibility, however the LED drivers we use in the Panorama fixture are dimmable. We also recommend using a 24-hour timer for dawn/dusk controlling.

Still, it is not a direct yes. Does anyone have experience with dimming this unit with an Neptune APEX variable speed port? If so, how?

I know that I can ship this one back and get another, but if this is dimmable, then I will be fine.

ScottB
09/23/2011, 09:23 PM
So I will answer my own question. I opened a ticket with Ecoxotic and here is the answer: "the older version is not designed to be dimmed using a controller, however the newer versions launching next month are dimmable (and include inline dimmers.) "

So my old, yet unopened, one is going back and I am getting in line for a new one soonest. According to Ecoxotic, they are due to be announced and ship mid-October.

Maybe this will help someone else.

pmrossetti
09/23/2011, 09:27 PM
So I will answer my own question. I opened a ticket with Ecoxotic and here is the answer: "the older version is not designed to be dimmed using a controller, however the newer versions launching next month are dimmable (and include inline dimmers.) "

So my old one is going back and I getting for a new one soonest. Maybe this will help someone else.

good deal. the new one is much improved. much stronger, less money too.
seriously considering 3 for a 7' long tank. great fixture. i did a thread on them .