PDA

View Full Version : Rbta

snow flake
09/22/2011, 08:53 AM
My RBTA wont bubble! I feed it once a week and it get lots of lights just not sure if its the right light tho! All my parameters are in check and im running 2 250w DE HQI MH with 20k ushio bulbs I was running 14k phoenix bulbs untill 2 days ago and they were only 5 months old but I wanted little more blue so I went to the ushio! I've had it for 4 months now and its in a 75g mix reef. Any help will be greatful

Toddrtrex
09/22/2011, 09:07 AM
No one has come up with a concrete reason why E. quadricolors "bubble" or not.

I personally have tried;

Hosting/not hosting
High light/low light
Direct feedings/no direct feedings
High flow/low flow

No dice.

Supernova26
09/22/2011, 09:29 AM
My RBTA has never bubbled. It is growing and very happy.

loglew
09/22/2011, 09:33 AM
How does LA divers den always have them bubbled in there pics then? I think I have only ever seen just a small handfull on there web page there where not bubbled?

snow flake
09/22/2011, 09:53 AM
my clowns host to it and it opens for them but it wont bubble lol! its on a rock near the sand and has been there sense the first week ive had it. my lights are about 15" off the tank. the only time it bubbled is when it was attached to the side of my giant clam but i asked my LFS if it would hurt the clam and he said yes it would so i put a power head near it to get it off the clam and it hasnt bubble again!

snow flake
09/22/2011, 09:55 AM
i also have a GBTL that stays at the back of the tank and it comes out for the light but its white now and it seems to be happy and growing so i dont move it just wish it would turn green again!