PDA

View Full Version : Which media reactor?

maysorum
09/23/2011, 08:24 AM
Hello -

I'm looking for a media reactor to run carbon and GFO separately. My tank is 45g and I am pretty sure I have a medium to high bioload.

I'm looking at the NextReef MR1 Shorty Media Reactor and Two Little Fishes PhosBan, which one would be better? Also, any other reactors I should look at? Thanks!

jon1985
09/23/2011, 08:29 AM
for the price I love the TLF reactors. I run both carbon and phos remover in them. I have 2 on my 150 gallon display and 2 on my 100 gallon frag system.

maysorum
09/23/2011, 08:36 AM
for the price I love the TLF reactors. I run both carbon and phos remover in them. I have 2 on my 150 gallon display and 2 on my 100 gallon frag system.

I was worried about the amount of media the TLF reactors hold, my tank is pretty small. Can the TLF reactors accommodate different amounts of media?

The Computer Ox
10/12/2011, 08:45 AM
Hi May, did you end up getting one.

maysorum
10/12/2011, 10:24 AM
I ended up buying the NextReef MR1 Shorty Media Reactor. The size seemed more appropriate for my tank. And from what I've read, the Next Reef build quality is wayyy better than the TLF. Also, Next Reef said it was OK to run the reactors 1/4 full of media.

The reactors were easy to set up and I am happy with my purchase. I also purchased the normal MR1 for my larger tank.

The Computer Ox
10/12/2011, 12:57 PM
I am torn between the BRS Deluxe single unit and the Nextreef MR1 Shorty. Both are about the same price, but the sizes are very different. It is going into the stand of a Biocube 29 (in the sump), so size is a concern. However, from all of the reviews, the BRS unit seems like it is easier to change the media. Which pump did you connect to it?