PDA

View Full Version : Avast ATO

mr9iron
09/23/2011, 07:54 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I am very pleased with the ATO that you sent me the other day. I love the idea of the pressure switch instead of a float switch that will fail. I did have one problem, as I used an aqualifter pump which would continue to siphon after the pump shut off. I was able to remedy this by poking a small hole in the tubing, prior to it exiting the kalk reservoir. This caused air to enter the system after the pump shut off and stopped the siphon.

:thumbsup:

Jopalmighty
11/01/2012, 04:41 PM
I ran into the same thing, I think its a problem with the toms aqualifter. I hung the pump above the water level and solved the problem

ctenophore
11/01/2012, 09:34 PM
Hi Vince,

Yes, that is one of the drawbacks to aqualifters. We have a note on that issue in our kalk stirrer manual, but adding one to the ATO manual couldn't hurt, either.

We've also solved the problem by combining the ATO with a peristaltic pump, which does not backsiphon:
http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/rigging/Auto-Top-Off-Deluxe
A little more expensive, but you get all the benefits of a quality peristaltic pump and it's integrated with the ATO sensor.

Glad it works well for you otherwise!

Justin

wwanthony
11/02/2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Vince,

Yes, that is one of the drawbacks to aqualifters. We have a note on that issue in our kalk stirrer manual, but adding one to the ATO manual couldn't hurt, either.

We've also solved the problem by combining the ATO with a peristaltic pump, which does not backsiphon:
http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/rigging/Auto-Top-Off-Deluxe
A little more expensive, but you get all the benefits of a quality peristaltic pump and it's integrated with the ATO sensor.

Glad it works well for you otherwise!

Justin

Justin....How can we get the standard ATO with the Neptune digital interface and the dosing pump? I don't see a way to order this combo on the site.

Thx

ctenophore
11/05/2012, 08:22 AM
Justin....How can we get the standard ATO with the Neptune digital interface and the dosing pump? I don't see a way to order this combo on the site.

Thx
Unfortunately, it doesn't exist yet. But we are working on it!