PDA

View Full Version : Stocking for 55 gallon tank *Update

hedgehog1
09/23/2011, 08:23 PM
Dear Reef Central Members,
Thank you for all your replies to my other stocking question! You asked me what fish I am intrested in keeping, so here are some; purple tang, maroon clown, and a leopard wrasse. But I want to keep a reef tank so I am worried about the maximum for stocking as I know all fish I listed grow to be large. Also I have a new question, altough it is more like a request. I would like any members with a 55 gallon tank to share how they stocked it. It would be nice to see how other reef keepers do things with their tanks.

Sincerely,
Alex:)

Tahoe69
09/24/2011, 12:51 AM
My 55g has a maroon clown, yellow watchmen, sailfin blenny, yellow coris wrasse, sixline wrass and a scooter blenny.

guy9smiley2
09/24/2011, 01:53 AM
A purple tang should be in no less that a 90g tank. Leopard wrasses are difficult to keep alive and also should be in no smaller than a 90 ( in my opinion) they eat pods andcan be very finicky to frozen foods. And maroon clowns will get larger and become agressive towards other tank mates especially in a 55.

snorvich
09/24/2011, 06:10 AM
A purple tang should be in no less that a 90g tank. Leopard wrasses are difficult to keep alive and also should be in no smaller than a 90 ( in my opinion) they eat pods andcan be very finicky to frozen foods. And maroon clowns will get larger and become agressive towards other tank mates especially in a 55.

Agreed. Maroon clowns also become progressively more aggressive.

BIG_KAHUNA
09/24/2011, 06:52 AM
My 55 had a maroon (way too aggressive toward other fish and even his anemone!) but is currently stocked with a longnose hawkfish, juvenile blue hippo tang(you can keep juveniles in your system just know that they will quickly outgrow the tank and have somewhere for them to go when this happens. Mine is going into my sisters 210.) Um, a mandarin, sally light foot five different shrimps mixed sps lps softies, removed my pistol shrimp (too aggressive for the mandarin and killed my hermit) more fish to come eventually.