PDA

View Full Version : Marineland Skimmer

skullviper
09/24/2011, 05:52 PM
Question to anyone who might be able to help.
I have a marineland 200 skimmer. When I place it in my sump the water level goes to high (per the manual) on the outside of the skimmer but I am able to get the bubbles at the correct spot in the collection cup. If I make the skimmer set up higher in the sump on a rubbermaid container (to achieve correct outside water level) the bubbles will not make it up to the collection cup, even on the highest setting.
It is only day one with it on, will it produce more bubbles once it is broke in?
Any and all help appreciated as always!

hollister
09/24/2011, 06:01 PM
First it needs a 24 to 48 hour break in , then you need enough fish waste to collect. If you have minimum amount of LR and substrate then i would not even use the skimmer untill you have 3 or 4 fish for a few months. The unseen critters will enough any extra waste you have and the LR and substrate will reduce any extra waste left over. A little waste in a reef tank is a good thing.

pennylesstill
09/24/2011, 09:15 PM
mine took close to 5 days to start making good skimate , but the pump also died 4 months after i got it so im back w/ the seaclone. havent had time to warranty it yet but marineland said they would give me new pump if i sent it to them. it did work pretty good b4 it died though, nothing to write home about, but pretty good.

skullviper
09/24/2011, 09:21 PM
mine took close to 5 days to start making good skimate , but the pump also died 4 months after i got it so im back w/ the seaclone. havent had time to warranty it yet but marineland said they would give me new pump if i sent it to them. it did work pretty good b4 it died though, nothing to write home about, but pretty good.

Thanks for the help, what specifically went wrong with the skimmer? Did the microbubbles go away also in about 5 days?