PDA

View Full Version : Bio Pellet Help or Question

tynman
09/24/2011, 09:01 PM
Has anyone using bio pellets have them all float up to the reactor and stay there? They just stopped tumbling. I have been using them since Aug 20, 2011, so about a month now. They were tumbling very nicely and then I checked to see how they are doing and they where all floating together. They are not clumped up together. I opened the reactor and took a stick and sturd them up to make sure they werent stuck together and they all fell to the bottom. I turned the water back on to it and they all floated back up to the top again. Does anyone know why? I am using the tlf reactor.

lucidvtec
09/24/2011, 09:57 PM
Sounds like to much flow

tynman
09/25/2011, 07:05 AM
Sounds like to much flow

Yea but it was working fine before. So what made it to much flow now?

BigKahuna
09/25/2011, 10:17 AM
Yea but it was working fine before. So what made it to much flow now?

Could be the pellets shrinking. As they get consumed they get smaller and smaller. I notice quite a difference in size between the old ones and newly added ones. Smaller pellets might be pushed up in the column more easily even using the same flow.

Daniel Reef
09/25/2011, 11:02 AM
You may want to post this in the chemistry forum. There are several threads there based upon the particular biopellet that you are using. Lots of knowledgeable people who having been using products from the inception. Good luck.

tynman
09/25/2011, 11:27 AM
You may want to post this in the chemistry forum. There are several threads there based upon the particular biopellet that you are using. Lots of knowledgeable people who having been using products from the inception. Good luck.

Yea thats sounds like a good idea Ill give it a shot. Thanks.