PDA

View Full Version : Add two tangs?

snarkes
09/26/2011, 06:06 PM
Hey guys

I've got a question that I think I know the answer to, but I'm hoping to see others tell me I'm wrong.

I've got a 180 thats been up and running for a year now and I'm looking to add some tangs. The problem? I've got two in there already: a ~4 in hippo and a 3-4 in kole. These two came from my upgrade and have only been in the display tank for 3.5 months.

Now, I've always wanted to add a Yellow Tang and a Powder Blue. Originally I was going to add them all at the same time, but that just became impossible and it took some time to get to the point where I could get the remaining two.

Do I really need to try and catch the hippo (the only one I'm really worried about) and trade him in for a different hippo? Is it possible that if I add the other two tangs at the same time (along with some anthia) that the combined effect of the other fish will reduce any aggression issues?

jimmy frag
09/26/2011, 06:09 PM
yes you are better off adding all at once to curve agression.

Psirex
09/26/2011, 06:12 PM
turn the lights off the day before you want to add them and rearrange a few pieces of rock/decorations and then add the tangs with the lights still off wait until the next day/morning to turn the lights on....

tkeracer619
09/26/2011, 07:16 PM
I think that is too many tangs for the tank but species wise it could work out ok. The kole and hippos are pretty tame. The yellow is pretty tame as well. BUT the powder blue is going to be a monster. If you add one know every fish you add after will be bullied/killed. Make sure they are all healthy and can handle a little fighting.

Personally I would just add the yellow and call it a day. A 180 is going to get small fast with a powder blue.