PDA

View Full Version : frogfish, anglers, where ya @

Maculatus
09/27/2011, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone new to the forums here
Iam looking for some good threads on frogs? I've tried the search but it seems to be off, it wont let me search? Does anyone have a link? I've read the "Frogfish files" found on google just looking for more like it. Iam a Frogfish freak! Love these fish.
Thanks and look forward to learning and sharing
:wavehand:

Maculatus
09/27/2011, 12:17 AM
Got the search to work didn't realize I had to use the top search

RouDaiLLe
09/27/2011, 07:06 AM
Actually, you can have a look on this thread it s in french, but there are some nice pix.

http://www.aquaportail.com/topic-5644-21-antennaire-a-identifier.html

later,

Maculatus
09/27/2011, 08:04 PM
Wish I could read french so I could figure out what they might know about em cool pics though

namxas
09/29/2011, 12:04 PM
Is there something in particular you're looking for in terms of their husbandry?

Maculatus
10/04/2011, 01:05 AM
Is there something in particular you're looking for in terms of their husbandry?

Pretty much any info!!! I've owned 5 frogs....... all short lived lives S.A.D.S. does anyone study these? I seen in the files someone opened his up! Just wondering if anybodys got some truth to S.A.D.S. yet?

Stumped
10/04/2011, 01:56 PM
How short lived were they all? I don't really buy into SADS as being as prevalent as that old thread suggests. I've had good success (multiple 1+ year old anglers) and have found the risk of sudden death is without question the highest during the first week or so. Which has more to do with acclimation stress, poor shipping and/or handling from the LFS, etc.

Maculatus
10/05/2011, 11:07 PM
4-5 Months was my last one... most but not all died in the same fashion.....in no particular order, but pretty close..... yawning, erratic swimming, heavy breathing, one side stops breathing, coloring pale, cloudy eyes, bloated, and then death.....has happened within hours of noticing the behavior, or by morning