PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish needs a buddy or two.. Suggestions?

JohnnyK81
09/27/2011, 10:24 PM
I have a 29 gal, with live rock, 1 clown, 1 yellow goby, and 1 diamond goby, bt anemone (And a cleanup crew).. The gobys keep to themselves under the rocks. Seems like a lot of stuff, maybe, but they are all really tiny, and keep under the rocks.

I had a boxfish, which I loved, but the summer and an unairconditioned apartment took a toll on him, and the tank reached about 90 degrees.. Sigh.. Man that fish was great.

This is the 2nd clownfish.. We had 1 for quite awhile, and introduced a buddy for him (Other clownfish).. THey got along.. One day, the new guy jumped.. Sigh.. So egg crate top it was.. Got him another buddy.. Came home, and found the original one had jumped (Who knows how!)

So, there is 1 clownfish remaining. It seems that 2 don't seem to get along in this tank. What would be a good couple of buds for him. I like the physical appearance of damsels, but, apparently, not good tank mates.. Chromis look too blaise for my personal tastes.. So I'm out of ideas for a 29 gallon!

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

SDguy
09/27/2011, 10:28 PM
royal gramma?

clowntriggerfis
09/27/2011, 10:34 PM
Dwarf angel

Toddrtrex
09/27/2011, 10:34 PM
What type of clown do you have in there now?

JohnnyK81
09/27/2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming. All are peaceful fish? If I didn't have this dang clownfish (gf loves them) than I could deal with aggressive fish. Those gobies just hide anyways!

It is a false percula, I believe!

snorvich
09/28/2011, 07:06 AM
Egg crate does not keep fish in. You need a mesh top.

Dr Colliebreath
09/28/2011, 10:36 AM
How about a firefish? Helfrichi if you are inclined to spend that much. You really need a good covering for firefish as they are jumpers.

snorvich
09/28/2011, 11:19 AM
How about a firefish? Helfrichi if you are inclined to spend that much. You really need a good covering for firefish as they are jumpers.

Better than egg crate.

JohnnyK81
09/28/2011, 11:44 AM
I was thinking of a firefish but they stick to the bottom, correct? I'm looking to have some fish actually swim around.. Which is why I wanted a couple damsels, but.. bad idea I take it?

Milky3
09/28/2011, 01:42 PM
Midas blenny?

alexwbush
10/02/2011, 02:02 PM
at least your clownfish doesn't try to kill any other fish that you put in the tank...

Right now I have a true perc, six line wrasse, and goby-pistol pair. I tried to add a false perc I picked up from a sale and the clownfish nearly killed it before I had to grab it out and put it in the other tank. I had some gold and black chromis and they all mysteriously died or suicided themselves within a day...

rssjsb
10/02/2011, 04:18 PM
What type of clown do you have in there now? This is a critical piece of information. Some clowns are just too aggressive to keep in a 29 with most other fish, especially something like a firefish or wrasse.

Was the second clown you added the same species?