PDA

View Full Version : KZ ZEOvit?

joemelo
09/28/2011, 09:56 AM
I was interested in starting to run zeovit pellets to give my corals better growth and colouration. I read up on this put I just had a few questions first.

Do I still run gfo and carbon? I'm pretty sure I stop running GFO so I don't have a complete shock to my tank while running both. I could probably continue running carbon to keep my water clear?

When I run the reactor. I just pull the stick every day to make sure the pellets stay clean?

Do I need to run any other chemicals or additives. BRS shows that I should also use zeobak and zeofood. Is that necessary, or is that just adding to help the colours of the corals.

I run gfo and carbon right now for clarity, and to keep the phosphates down. Would zeovit take over this chore?

Also, are biopellets BRS' brand of zeovit?

thanks for the help ahead of time everyone

Joe

Allmost
09/28/2011, 10:01 AM
you really should research more ....

perhaps, start with the guide for zeovit !

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/korallenzucht_brochure_engl.pdf

Zeovit, is NOT a pellet system, pelllets are named pellets, Zeovit, is a Zeolith system.

here is a good article on probiotic systems, so you can understand more about it. will answer all your questions and more.

http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/probiotics-demystified

you can PM me for more info anytime too.

joemelo
09/28/2011, 10:18 AM
PM sent, thanks man.

bertoni
09/28/2011, 09:48 PM
The Zeo media of which I'm aware functions basically as artificial live rock. The other products likely are some sort of carbon dosing scheme, but I haven't researched them.

joemelo
09/29/2011, 10:27 AM
Allmost, I didn't notice yesterday that you were from toronto...
I'm from windsor.

Where do you shop locally if you don't mind me asking. N.A? O.R.G?

Allmost
09/29/2011, 10:36 AM
ORG sometimes, Tom is very nice. but kinda far from me.

most of my live stock comes from Ken, Seaumarine ... in Markham, might be quite a drive for you.

PS. as we spoke on PM, for a soft coral tank with no algae Issues ... Zeovit might not be the best bet. [or not even needed] but you can always try their additives ... for example B-balance, is supposed to lighten coral colors, when I dose it, my soft corals get a much more florescence color ! [I have a softies tank plumbed into SPS tank] if you are looking for more colors :).