PDA

View Full Version : A few fish in overflow...need some suggestions

WienerDog
09/30/2011, 06:07 PM
My, very little, 6 line wrasse is in the overflow as well as my Condy Nem and my yellowheaded jawfish. I have a 90g with a corner overflow. I tried bending the net and removing the the top of the durso drain. Nothing at all, in fact not even close. I tried to loosen the durso and remove it and I'll I achieved was creating in leak in the bulkhead above my sump. Little help please.....I think my Nem went in because I went away for a couple of days and just my actinics came on with the timer...no 10K lighting.

WienerDog
09/30/2011, 06:52 PM
Anybody....?

stadler51
09/30/2011, 07:49 PM
What about draining the overflow section and then using a net for the two fish. I have done it before in my 120, I had to take the durso pipe out.

Sizzle
09/30/2011, 08:39 PM
what about draining the overflow section and then using a net for the two fish. I have done it before in my 120, i had to take the durso pipe out.

+1

pfcreed
09/30/2011, 11:26 PM
if you have a valve on running to your sump you could always close the valve and let the overflow fill with water then fish him out.

wencels
10/01/2011, 12:44 PM
I've pulled the top of the durso and put the drain into a net, kind of like what was already said.

AGYDAL
10/01/2011, 01:16 PM
I usually let my fish sit in the overflow for a day or two after finding them there...while they're trapped in the overflow, I don't feed the main tank so they get hungry...when I go to catch them I tie a little piece of krill inside the net and they usually swim right in.

seems like you have a lot of animals in your overflow...might want to think of a way to secure it better to keep them where they should be.

WienerDog
10/01/2011, 09:15 PM
I cut a strip of plastic ( 2 liter soda bottle ) and cut holes in it every few inches. Tied it, using zipties, to the overflow covering the space above the overflow and below the glass top. All are now out of overflow also. YEAHHHhhhhhh!