PDA

View Full Version : Sigh,Oh My LFS

CuttleKid
10/01/2011, 02:02 PM
So I've been going to this LFS for years and have always been given spot on advice. However I was there last night and bought a dendronepthya and a chili coral. The employee who bagged the corals for me I had never seen before so I assumed he was knew. He bagged the carnation first with no questions asked. But before he bagged the chili he leaned over and told me that they were extremely difficult to maintain. So I then continued to inquire about the carnation just to see what he would say. He told me that "chili corals are one of the hardest corals to keep, but I would have no problem with the carnation!". I almost burst out laughing while I died inside a little bit. I had hoped he would be knowledgeable on basic coral care. I'm pretty sure most aquarist know to stay away from dendronephthya. I share this with the hope that people will come forward and share there own stories of misinformed LFS workers as well as let people know how some people just don't know what they are talking about and dont just buy something because someone says they are fine for your tank. Always do your research because the lady behind me was buying another carnation coral from the same person who asked "how much light does it require?". And his answer was "it needs a high intensity light to survive!"

BulldogMx
10/01/2011, 02:18 PM
Well if you want to hear the most freak advices about any animal care go to any pet store and just listen to the people there trying to explain how keep in good conditions any animal to a newbie..even with DOGS!!!

So, is not rare receive wrong indications from a new employee. At least in this case he is wrong just 50 percent, lol

snorvich
10/01/2011, 06:47 PM
I hear my LFS owner dispensing bad information all the time. I rarely go there.