PDA

View Full Version : apex reads more eb8 than physically have

num54
10/01/2011, 05:31 PM
ok ive got my display screen up and running and figured out whats the issue with my eb8 going bazurk:wildone: my module is reading 2 displays and 2 eb8.It was reading 3 total of each so i erased one eb8 and one display but it will not let me erase the last eb8 nor the last display so i can have 1 total of each what could be the cuase?

jrb466
10/03/2011, 09:49 AM
I'm have the same issues but I have you beat. 5 display modules, 2 EB8's and overall can't seem to delete them. Oh you can try but you will lose internet connectivity and be forced to hard reboot. And then it will add another module. I'm thinking of trying to redo the last firmware update or praying for a new firmware soon.

swearint
10/03/2011, 10:04 AM
You both may want to checkout the New Users Guide stickied at the top of the forum. It has several ways of fixing this issue in the appendix. If it keeps occuring, then I would suggest contacting Neptune. They may be able to make some adjustments remotely: [email protected]

Todd

aquamanic
10/03/2011, 11:00 AM
Deleting ghost modules won't work. You have to initialize the Aquabus memory and let the controller 're-discover' modules that it has connected. This will erase your program so make sure you first have a good backup and know what to do to restore your program.

If you don't fully understand the process or don't feel comfortable doing it, then contact Neptune support and ask them to do it.

jrb466
10/03/2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks Alan and sorry num54 for jacking your thread.

Is it common to get ghost modules? I seem to drop internet connection occasionally then I'm force to pull the plug for reboot. I have read about telnet and I will try this but it seems to give me the ghost when pulling the plug to reboot.

It seems the EB8 comes up with a new number when this happens then I have to reprogram the new EB8. Just copy paste but I would think the EB8 would keep it's place marker on power failure.

aquamanic
10/03/2011, 01:22 PM
make sure your firmware is current. There were problems with ghost modules in the past. Quickest fix is to let the controller re-scan the bus and add the modules that it physically sees. Then get your firmware current if it isn't already.