PDA

View Full Version : Using 2 x MP40 with SS

GrampaDon
10/02/2011, 07:43 AM
Well I stopped sitting on the fence. The wife gave me the money to get my new 2 x MP40s [my b-day present / now a member of the OTH club]:bdaysmile

And I have 2 SS already. So do they play nice together.? Or not really.?

I'm planning to use the MP40 in long pulse / anti sync to "hopefully" get a better back n forth gyre. If this helps.
Any suggestions here about placement to get this are welcome.

Daniel Reef
10/02/2011, 10:07 AM
Tagging along. I was thinking of having the same set up and get 2 SS. Or alternatively, a third MP40 on the back wall.

Cajun Reefer
10/02/2011, 01:05 PM
SS ? :confused:

RyanTurner
10/02/2011, 01:09 PM
Sea swirls?

Daniel Reef
10/02/2011, 01:51 PM
Yes, sea swirls in my case.

GrampaDon
10/02/2011, 05:59 PM
Well I was hoping for users of both to comment.
Otherwise im sure I will know more soon enough ,and can comment myself.

GrampaDon
10/09/2011, 07:45 PM
Tagging along. I was thinking of having the same set up and get 2 SS. Or alternatively, a third MP40 on the back wall.

Daniel
My early thoughts are varied. Reason why is this - I wanted to get more gyre flow using the back wall ,but the Vorts moved to much sand.
Next I tried gyre on the opposite ends using long pulse. Not happening.
Then random reefcrest / anti-sync. We have a winner :bounce2:
And last with the Sea Swirls moving and not moving.

So far SS moving / Vorts on reefcrest anti-sync is working best.
Its not exactly what I was looking for. But the coral are already responding.
Coincidence maybe. But they are extending a little better ,and new growth. Which they were kinda not doing much of lately.

HTH Don

[All this cr@p is just My Opinion. Don't take it as gospel. Simply this works Ok for my tank ,with my rock work and my corals. Any different cr@p is just that. And works for them and just maybe them only.......]
Just kidding around.^^^^^ And not
Sent from my computer using my fingers.

EcoTech Service
10/10/2011, 02:12 PM
GrandpaDon,

Thanks for your input. I would recommend experimenting with the different modes until you receive the effect you are looking for. A gyre should certainly be possible but you'll want to make sure that the pumps are positioned in such a way that it can be created (i.e. on opposite ends of the aquarium). The random modes (Reef Crest and Lagoon) are great to simulate the random current of a natural reef environment. If you haven't already, be sure to peruse the complete MP40wES User Manual (http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/FULLMANUAL_Revision1.1.pdf) for tons of helpful tips and information.

GrampaDon
10/10/2011, 07:01 PM
Johnathan
Thanks , I have reviewed the O/L manual <read. like when I got stuck:uhoh2: and it was helpful.

The gyre I would prefer needn't be strong. Just alternating. And it seems your
manual recommends 4 pumps [not just two] to achieve this.

My only last thing to try is maybe longer pulses [haven't exactly figured out this mode yet.] So im not done yet.

Im open to trying. Any last suggestions to experiment with.??