PDA

View Full Version : tubing for dosing 2-part

rwb500
10/03/2011, 05:01 AM
I recently ordered a cole parmer peristaltic pump for dosing 2-part. its a smaller model, so i am going to be using 1/16" inner diameter Pharmed tubing in the pump. I was planning on stepping it up to 1/8" pvc tubing before and after pump.

it is my understanding that two part remains very soluble unless it comes in contact with tank water, so a very narrow tube shouldnt be a problem. is that correct?

also, i have a ton of options for the larger tubing at usplastic.com. should i get PVC or something else? I want something flexible, but kink resistance is top priority.

mikezalewski
10/03/2011, 05:17 AM
I would check the manufacturers recommendations with the tube size because it could possibly not work at all with a larger tubing. could you answer a question for me? what size tank and what are you dosing because I hear a bunch of people using dossers and I am not but thinking that I should! any info would help! thanks

rwb500
10/03/2011, 05:29 AM
well, like i said, i know what i'm using in the pump. im just wondering if i need to step it up larger than 1/8" before and after the pump.

my tank is a 40g. people use 2 part on any size systems. it provides more control than any other method, and it the most reliable/simple in many ways.

i bought a used lab grade peristaltic pump for $70 shipped. im going to buy about $30 shipped worth of tubing and fittings, and then i need $40 worth of two part which will last me at least a few months. larger tank owners usually use DIY 2-part which is a lot cheaper.

das75
10/03/2011, 08:26 AM
for my CP using the correct sized tube for the heads but before and after just using 1/4" OD line from Home Depot, type used for humidifiers or ice makers

rwb500
10/04/2011, 10:58 PM
Anyone? Is two part going to flow through 1/8" tubing without trouble?