PDA

View Full Version : My brain corals

haftafish
10/03/2011, 04:46 PM
Hi all, I have two brain corals that came to life. They were on my rocks when i put the tank together. Well i thought they were dead and then noticed they are both very much alive. I have been feeding them twice a week. Should i be feeding them more often? My tank is only two 1/2 months old and i am not even close to being ready for corals but i feel since they are in my care now i need to do all i can to help them make it. Thanks:strange:

haftafish
10/03/2011, 04:48 PM
BTW they eat a lot. They are always open does that mean they are always hungry???

zigzag1
10/03/2011, 04:57 PM
Hard to tell from your description. Pictures may help to determine what you have and how to care for it. JMTC & GL!

And, welcome to Reef Central!

Sport507
10/03/2011, 05:19 PM
Hi all, I have two brain corals that came to life. They were on my rocks when i put the tank together. Well i thought they were dead and then noticed they are both very much alive. I have been feeding them twice a week. Should i be feeding them more often? My tank is only two 1/2 months old and i am not even close to being ready for corals but i feel since they are in my care now i need to do all i can to help them make it. Thanks:strange:

What to you mean by brain coral? Here are two pics of an open brain and the second of a maze brain.

haftafish
10/04/2011, 06:07 AM
Here is a pic. Meant to do it last night but got busy with the kids. I'm guessing this is in fact a brain coral...

haftafish
10/04/2011, 10:20 AM
I was able to look it up and it seems to be a Honeycomb Coral. I read that they are herd to keep so i'll see what happens. Any advice on caring for would greatly be appreciated. Thanks...