PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jaw Trigger not eating...

Anemone0524
10/04/2011, 05:42 PM
He's about 5", been in the tank for four days, and not eating. Tried Rods, PE Mysis, Brine, Pellets, chopped up clam....mostly he just lets it float by him. I took my LFS word for it that he was eating. Bad idea.

There was a little tank aggression when he was first put in from the female clown, but i removed her and put her in the sump. Since then only a little flaring from the purple tang but nothing else.

He has found a cave to sleep in at night. During the day he mostly swims in front of the powerhead.

He's getting skinnier by the day and i'm already starting to see some white markings on his belly. I don't know why he's not eating. I've had two Blue Jaws before and they did not have this problem.

My only option at this point is to A) keep trying the same thing or B) net him and put him in the 30 gal sump where he can focus just on food. I'm a little worried about option B since I don't want to stress him out more.

Any ideas?

89Foxbody
10/04/2011, 05:51 PM
I think I would put him in the sump by himself, he may be getting intimidated by your purples. Obviously another move isn't desireable but its better than letting him waste away did you try garlic?

ultraxr
10/04/2011, 05:58 PM
I suggest moving him to your sump. Do put a light in there for him so its not completely dark. I currently have a pair of Bluejaws and a lawnmower blenny in my 120. My triggers didn't eat the first day so I let waiting 2-3 days then fed them PE mysis soaked in Brightwell's vitamin supplement and some fatty amino. They took right to it immediately. I hope yours start eating soon.

Jonviviano
10/04/2011, 08:09 PM
Vitamin supplement and garlic.....garlic always works for me.

Patterson117
10/04/2011, 08:11 PM
Mine loves Ocean Nutrition Spirulina Flakes.