PDA

View Full Version : ATO problem

allsps40
10/05/2011, 08:08 AM
I have been having a problem with my ATO. My set up uses a JBJ ATO with a Aqua Lift pump and a 5g bucket. The problem is that after the ATO turns off it will slowly drip siphon into the sump, even with a airline check valve. I have the bucket in my stand so it is level with the sump and the Aqua Lift sits on top of the bucket. What can I do to fix this issue??

thegrun
10/05/2011, 09:16 AM
Keep the discharge end of the tube up above the water line of the sump and higher than the Aqua Lift Pump intake. If you can't keep it higher than the pump, you could glue the 1/4" discharge line into a 1/2" piece of tubing (run the 1/4" line 2"-3" into the 1/2" tube) and then keep the 1/4" portion of the tube above the pump inlet and run the 1/2" tube down into the water. This will create a siphon break.

allsps40
10/05/2011, 12:25 PM
Ok I will try relocating the aqua lift up higher that the bucket

DocG
10/05/2011, 09:48 PM
Ok I will try relocating the aqua lift up higher that the bucket

I don't think that the location of the aqualift itself matters, it is the location of the end of the tube where the water comes out that matters.

mbg75
10/05/2011, 09:59 PM
I don't think that the location of the aqualift itself matters, it is the location of the end of the tube where the water comes out that matters.

Correct.
I have same setup, jbj with aqualifter. I had to put a "t" in with a 1 way check valve at the highest part of the 1/4 line. It's on the output pressure side (not suction side)
So, when my pump goes on, the pressure closes the valve and water pumps, the when off, the valve opens and let's air in to break the siphon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

allsps40
10/12/2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah I moved my aqua lift up higher than the top off bucket and I still get a siphon dip of top top off kalk. I will try the T idea.

mic209
10/12/2011, 11:15 AM
I had to run the outlet tube coming out of the aqualifter about a foot above the aqualifter, then back down into the sump. Another tip, for some reason the JBJ ATO won't turn on the aqualifter sometimes, to get around this I have my JBJ ATO on a timer and it resets the unit every 30 minutes.

allsps40
10/12/2011, 12:25 PM
Mine always turns off it will just slowly drip after it turns off.

mic209
10/13/2011, 09:00 AM
Mine always turns off it will just slowly drip after it turns off.

Turning off isn't the problem, turning the pump on is.