PDA

View Full Version : Ich like spots, but a bit larger... Any ideas?

AR_Clint
10/05/2011, 03:03 PM
I have a show size naso tang with what looks like cryptocaryon, but the white spots seem to be larger than what I've seen before. It doesn't look like lymphocytes. Could these be flukes? Sorry, but I couldn't get a good pic.

sandwi54
10/05/2011, 03:33 PM
it could be flukes but will be hard to tell without a good photo. one way to tell is do freshwater dip and see if it falls off. though, i'd just apply prazipro, which is what i do on all new fish. the ones that have flukes usually twitch really bad and go nuts right when prazipro is applied because the dying flukes irritate the fish. that's an easy and safe way to find out if the fish have flukes.

snorvich
10/05/2011, 03:43 PM
it could be flukes but will be hard to tell without a good photo. one way to tell is do freshwater dip and see if it falls off. though, i'd just apply prazipro, which is what i do on all new fish. the ones that have flukes usually twitch really bad and go nuts right when prazipro is applied because the dying flukes irritate the fish. that's an easy and safe way to find out if the fish have flukes.

Exactly. But a show sized naso in a 110 gallon tank??????

AR_Clint
10/05/2011, 04:50 PM
Lol. I guess that's what I get for not updating my tank info. Don't worry. It's in a 750 swim tank.

sandwi54
10/05/2011, 06:12 PM
wow nice tank! picture? how big is the naso and how long are the streamers?