PDA

View Full Version : Can someone ID this?

dashielle89
10/05/2011, 09:11 PM
So my tank has been running for about 4 months now, and I saw something today that I've never seen before. Since I have had a lot of different kind of algae growing, I thought that's what it was. But I watched it for a few minutes and I saw it was feeding itself with its "legs".

It is a see through beige color with a few brown patches on it. It looks like its made of about 10 leg looking this, but I can't see the main part of it. The legs have a lot of small branches off of it and it looks almost like an upside down tree.

The shape of it and movement is almost like a brittle star, but I have a ton of small brittle stars in my tank and it looks nothing like them. I would take a picture but my camera is dead right now and when I just went to look at it now it was gone. I'm not sure if it moved or just hid in the rock. When I was watching it I was shining a flashlight on it and it didn't seem to react to the light at all.

Sorry if this is a really common hitchhiker, but I couldn't find anything that looked like it when I searched.

vikubz
10/06/2011, 06:52 PM
Go to melevsreef.com or chucksaddiction.com for some good ID pages. Sounds to me like an aptaisia, a pest anemone.

Postal
10/06/2011, 07:57 PM
Spaghetti worm?