PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive frags SE Florida?

treetopflyn
10/06/2011, 05:00 AM
Where is the best place to buy healthy, inexpensive softie frags in palm Beach and Broward Counties? Thanks in advance

Ron Reefman
10/06/2011, 05:04 AM
There are a couple of 'local' clubs in your area. Join one and get to one of their meetings or on their website. Members sell frags and they are normally less expensive than any store or online outfit. The club will also have frag swaps. We have 200+ items up for auction at our next swap on Oct 16th.

Khemul
10/06/2011, 06:10 AM
As far as actual stores goes, Barrier Reef in Boca seems to be one of the cheapest with their $10 section and $20 section. Everyone else is roughly in the same ballpark of $20+.

Otherwise, as Ron Reefman mentioned, can't really beat the clubs when it comes to price.

rovster
10/06/2011, 06:17 AM
I've seen a bunch of postings on craigslist but don't have any experience with that. Most fish stores are $20+, $40+ if you want something decent. Some stores do run specials from time to time. I was at Blue Seas in Plantation yesterday and they told me they post specials on FB and also have mailing lists where they run 20% off or buy one get one free. They had a very nice selection as well.

treetopflyn
10/06/2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks. I will check into the local clubs. Might make a run down to Barrier reef tomm.