1 6 line wrasse
1 yellow tang
1 blue tang
2 clown fish
1 purple dart fish
1 scooter blenny.
1 PJ cardinal

all the fish are about 2-4 inches. small to medium in size

I order 3 fire fish gobies and 4 black axil chromis from liveaquaria. i drip acclimate them and put them itno the tank. everyone seems fine except one of the bigger blue axil chormis i notice is swimming away from the pack and just hanging out in a corner. i figure hes going to die. i have to go away for the weekdn the following day. i feed them in the afternoon and come back 3 days later. when i get home all the blue chromis are dead, 1 clwon fish is dead, scooter blenny, melanarus wrasse, all my bartlett anthias, and all my firefish are dead as well. can any 1 tell me what happened? im guesing one of the fish had a disease that i added? its weird that about half of my other fish are still doing fine. ive letr things settle out for about 2 weeks now and want to reorder some more fish but am hesitant. any help appreciated thanks!

Daniel Reef
10/07/2011, 06:01 PM
Sorry for your loss. You may want to post parameters of your tank like the form on the sticky thread which is:

Age of tank [days? Weeks? Years?]
Sump?
Skimmer:
nitrate:
ammonia:
temperature:
Water source {ro, ro/di, tap}
Salinity: [eg, 1.024]
Alkalinity: [eg, 8.3]
Lights [mh/T5/LED, other]
Calcium: [eg, 420]
Magnesium {eg, 1500]
Dosing?[list other additives used, if any]
Specimen dipped [in what] or quarantined or previously treated?

Curious George
10/07/2011, 06:23 PM
That's a lot of fish. Anything that goes south in your tank will be amplified when you are overstocked. Sorry for the losses, but you might want to rethink your list:

3 bartlett anthias--need a larger tank
1 firefish goby
1 melanarus wrasse
1 6 line wrasse--lots of agression especially toward other wrasses ^ (eventually)
1 yellow tang-- Needs a larger tank
1 blue tang-- Needs a MUCH larger tank
2 clown fish
1 purple dart fish
1 scooter blenny--incredibly hard to keep over an extended period time (See Mandarins)
1 PJ cardinal

On top of everything, the new additions in an already overstocked tank, were not QT'ed for disease. I am sorry to be a jerk, but consider this a valuable lesson learned the hard way.

snorvich
10/07/2011, 08:11 PM
That's a lot of fish. Anything that goes south in your tank will be amplified when you are overstocked. Sorry for the losses, but you might want to rethink your list:

3 bartlett anthias--need a larger tank
1 firefish goby
1 melanarus wrasse
1 6 line wrasse--lots of agression especially toward other wrasses ^ (eventually)
1 yellow tang-- Needs a larger tank
1 blue tang-- Needs a MUCH larger tank
2 clown fish
1 purple dart fish
1 scooter blenny--incredibly hard to keep over an extended period time (See Mandarins)
1 PJ cardinal

On top of everything, the new additions in an already overstocked tank, were not QT'ed for disease. I am sorry to be a jerk, but consider this a valuable lesson learned the hard way.

Unfortunately I must agree and sorry for the loss. Wipeouts are usually oodinium. But the OP needs to quarantine and go slower.

snorvich
10/07/2011, 08:16 PM
A quick rundown of my tank
72g bowfront
3 bartlett anthias
1 firefish goby
1 melanarus wrasse
1 6 line wrasse
1 yellow tang
1 blue tang
2 clown fish
1 purple dart fish
1 scooter blenny.
1 PJ cardinal

all the fish are about 2-4 inches. small to medium in size

I order 3 fire fish gobies and 4 black axil chromis from liveaquaria.

seven fish is a lot to order at one time and in any case, 4 firefish will not work in your tank

i drip acclimate them and put them itno the tank.

What is the shipping water SG? What is your SG? LA shipping is usually 1.021 if I recall correctly.

everyone seems fine except one of the bigger blue axil chormis i notice is swimming away from the pack and just hanging out in a corner. i figure hes going to die. i have to go away for the weekdn the following day. i feed them in the afternoon and come back 3 days later. when i get home all the blue chromis are dead, 1 clwon fish is dead, scooter blenny, melanarus wrasse, all my bartlett anthias, and all my firefish are dead as well. can any 1 tell me what happened? im guesing one of the fish had a disease that i added? its weird that about half of my other fish are still doing fine. ive letr things settle out for about 2 weeks now and want to reorder some more fish but am hesitant. any help appreciated thanks!

Let things quiesce for another 4 weeks to insure you do not have a parasite problem. Go much more slowly. Learn to quarantine. And good luck. Sorry for your losses.