PDA

View Full Version : Cant access web utility

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 02:21 PM
Ok. Got my new to me Apex. Did an init memory to clear old owners info. Hardwired to my Linksys WRT54g router and am able to connect via telnet. Also have successfully updated firmware to 4.11 via flash utility. Have tried to update the the "web pages" via flash utility but keep getting error of "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.". When I try to access via web using the Apex IP address I can get the log-in window but then drops to an error of "404". I cannot access via "http://apex". Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

aquamanic
10/08/2011, 03:24 PM
In spite of you being a Gator fan.....

keep getting error of "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.".

Are you running this on a PC or Mac? If PC, check your version of .Net. Must be 3.5 or greater. Instructions in User Guide. The 404 errors are probably coming because the web pages are missing or corrupted.

I cannot access via "http://apex".

Did you change your port? If so, add that to the end like this: http://apex:8080 If running a Mac, using the hostname is not supported.

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 03:41 PM
In spite of you being a Gator fan.....

Are you running this on a PC or Mac? If PC, check your version of .Net. Must be 3.5 or greater. Instructions in User Guide. The 404 errors are probably coming because the web pages are missing or corrupted.

Did you change your port? If so, add that to the end like this: http://apex:8080 If running a Mac, using the hostname is not supported.

Running PC. .Net is v 3.5 I did see they have now released 4.5 not sure if updating that will help.

Nope port is 80.

Read user guide probably 5-6x today followed each step to the letter and then some. Like I said I can connect via telnet and flash utility but no web page. I can even get the logon screen on web page and get the 404 error so I have to be close. I have a static ip address assigned to it. DHCP has been changed to no to get the static ip.

Now getting "Unable to connect to the remote server" when using flash utility to try to update web pages.

BTW... Your Tigers are slapping my Gators around pretty good....

Thanks,

Mark

aquamanic
10/08/2011, 03:54 PM
If running Win7, make sure you run the flash utility as administrator. Try that.

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 03:58 PM
If running Win7, make sure you run the flash utility as administrator. Try that.

Nope. Still getting "unable to connect to remote server" but the green progress bar moved this time which it has not been doing. And yes Win 7. Should also mention running chrome and ie and getting same issues on both.

aquamanic
10/08/2011, 04:06 PM
If you click on the magnifying glass on the flash utility, can it find your controller?

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 04:07 PM
If you click on the magnifying glass on the flash utility, can it find your controller?

Yes.

aquamanic
10/08/2011, 04:07 PM
Can you post a screen shot of your flash utility screen showing what you've entered?

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 04:25 PM
Can you post a screen shot of your flash utility screen showing what you've entered?

Alan... for some reason I am having difficulty copying the screen... tried alt prt scrn, ctrl prt scn nothing seems to work on that window... any suggestions?

aquamanic
10/08/2011, 04:28 PM
win7 comes with a snipping tool.

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 04:38 PM
win7 comes with a snipping tool.

Lol... yeah just found it... stupid MS...

Anyway... here we go...

aquamanic
10/08/2011, 04:46 PM
Feels like a network conflict someplace. Quick way to tell is restart in "safe mode with networking". Then run the flash utility and see if you have any better luck.

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 05:04 PM
Feels like a network conflict someplace. Quick way to tell is restart in "safe mode with networking". Then run the flash utility and see if you have any better luck.

Nope no dice. Thanks for all your help Alan. I will keep tweaking and see if I can figure it out...

Mark

gatorrx98
10/08/2011, 05:55 PM
how is it Mark that two Gator fans in Jax are having problems with their Apex controllers at the same time, while our Gators were gettin whipped on the field. Double bummer.
Good luck with your issue.

one4gatr
10/08/2011, 06:06 PM
how is it Mark that two Gator fans in Jax are having problems with their Apex controllers at the same time, while our Gators were gettin whipped on the field. Double bummer.
Good luck with your issue.

Ha Ha... yeah been looking at your issue... hate to say it but my problems are minimal compared to yours... I have read a TON about your issue... not sure how much you have tried but I wish you luck as well...

gatorrx98
10/08/2011, 06:09 PM
Ha Ha... yeah been looking at your issue... hate to say it but my problems are minimal compared to yours... I have read a TON about your issue... not sure how much you have tried but I wish you luck as well...

Frustrating thing is that mine has run perfectly for nearly 3 months and suddenly began having issues yesterday. Very frustrating. On a side note, I really like Brisset today. I think he has tons of upside.

one4gatr
11/09/2011, 04:59 PM
Ok... problem solved with Curts help. For future reference my setup contains an AT&T DSL Motorola 2210 modem and a Linksys WRT54G "router". Curt took a look at my setup and had a few ideas of what the problem was. He was asking me if I had 2 routers in my setup and I kept telling him no. He went so far as to have me look at the back of the modem and describe how many lan ports and tel ports I had. Well... long story short although the modem has only 1 cat5 out and one DSL line in it STILL assumed some of the "router" functions. To resolve my issue I had to set the modem to "bridged ethernet". I have attached a link I found detailing the process. I never knew that some DSL modems are capable of handling routing functions. Lesson learned.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15855