PDA

View Full Version : Calcium reactor tuning question

tootsiedaisy
10/09/2011, 10:47 AM
So if my drip rate is constant and my Kh is too high can't I just up the PH alittle bit to lower the kh Thanks

nicks387
10/09/2011, 11:08 AM
Lower the C02 bubble rate. This will raise the PH in the reactor and lower the alkalinity of the water coming out of the reactor. However, this will lower the supplementation of both alk, and calcium. If your calcium is where you want it but your alk is high, you will need to get both balanced first.

tootsiedaisy
10/09/2011, 12:08 PM
The reactor is on a controller so I don't adjust bubble rate and doesn't the alk and calcium dissolve at same rate,my calcium is at 425ppm so if I drop kh a little my calcium should also drop a little.but once I get kh in line I'll just add so turbo calcium to bring it up and then kh and calcium should dissolve together and I should be good,I'm I thinking correct

nicks387
10/09/2011, 01:35 PM
If the reactor is on a controller then yes, raise the ph value on the controller. That will do the same thing, which is reduce the CO2 bubble rate or amount of CO2 in the reactor. Yes, alk and calcium are dosed at the same rate so if your alk is high and you want to reduce it, this will reduce your calcium as well. You can then add calcium like you mentioned to balance the two.