PDA

View Full Version : Reef Savvy people ...Help

drew930
10/10/2011, 09:14 AM
Looking around for a rimless, heard to go with reef savvy . I want to have a tank about 60 long x 21 tallx 18 deep. I requested a quote and haven't heard back for several days. I had also been told to go with glass cages. But they don't make on my size.So i am wondering if reef savvy and glass cages have about the same price ?

Does reef savvy only make tanks based on the size you want , or do they have pre made standard tank sizes. I want one to my specifications, but I'm thinking that it will cost me a lot more ?

So my question is, do any of you know around how much it would be if i went with my dimensions with black acrylic back?

Also, do you know around how much more a low iron would be ?

And, do they make glass and acrylic ? I was thinking i would have it acrylic.

bunzaroo
10/10/2011, 11:33 AM
While I do not own a glasscages tank I do own a reef Savvy Tank. If you are into build quality and attention to details then Reef Savvy is for you. Felix is great to deal with. I know he has been very busy since MACNA, I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. Try contacting him again, you will not be dissapointed.

45X27X20 3 side low/iron
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/tuckaboo1/Rimless%20105/Completed%20105/DSC01398.jpg

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/tuckaboo1/Rimless%20105/Completed%20105/ReefSavvyOverflowCover.jpg

olemiss reb
10/10/2011, 11:42 AM
Reef savvy is going to cost a lot more than GC but the quality difference between the two justifies the cost. Give Felix a few more days or send another email, he'll get back with you.

I would only use a GC tank to house a reptile.

rovster
10/10/2011, 02:01 PM
Felix responded to my email within an hour, and replied to a question within the next hour. Maybe he was out or something. Seems they make VERY high quality tanks. Not cheap, but apparently well worth it if you're into that kind of thing. Its not in the budget for me for my next build, but I'd definitley consider it down the road. I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for. What's holding me back is not the price of the tank, but the price of the furniture quality stand I would need along with it.

harthag12
10/15/2011, 09:41 PM
I just got quotes from Reef Savvy & Coast to Coast, waiting on Das as well and when I look at the amount I plan to spend on lighting, pumps, etc etc the cost of the tank, the part I'd enjoy, makes me think it could be worth it. It's not cheap but if I get the dream tank I want I won't be regretting it later once everythings setup and I've spent a fortune.

Jfoster33702
10/18/2011, 11:44 AM
Still waiting on a quote as well. Maybe they prefer to focus on larger tanks? The one I wanted was a 60 cube.

harthag12
10/18/2011, 12:09 PM
took maybe 7-10 days for my quote, roughly 90 gallon tank so not sure if it's a bigger thing or not.

olemiss reb
10/18/2011, 01:16 PM
this was my quote for a 36x18x24 three sided starphire, black silicon with a custom overflow, just to give you an idea of cost. It took 2-3 days for a response

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, the aquarium you're inquiring about is approximately 67 gallons and will be built out of 1/2" glass with a high polish and beveled edges, the price is $800.00

Thanks,
Felix Bordon.

I ended up getting the same tank from DSA- LFS hooked me up with a deal